Registration is closed. The event is full and we have a large waitlist. General registration will open March 20th (just after midnight on March 19th for you night-owls) or as soon thereafter as we have adequate Trip Organizers signed up. Trip Organizers who have been approved to lead trips for the Event will be able to register earlier.
Paddle amongst the beautiful Central Oregon Cascades and Deschutes National Forest. From LaPine State Park, you are 30-60 minutes away from Elk, Hosmer, Paulina and Sparks Lakes. We may be able to take a picturesque paddle down the Deschutes River. Enjoy other activities like mountain biking and hiking the many trails around LaPine State Park campground. Paddling days will likely be Tuesday-Thursday.
Please note that Level 1 trips cannot be guaranteed, though they are very likely for this Event.
Waitlist: If an event registration category is sold out, please use the waitlist option to be placed in the queue for possible registration. You do not need to pay the registration fee to join the waitlist; you will only pay it if you complete the registration process once you're notified that there is an opening.
Event Manager: Chris Mayou
Trip Czar: Joe Howell
You will find event information on the OOPS website in the Activities Section: Annual Events. Find the event, click on the link, then scroll until you find the current year.
The Fine Print:
1) EVERY PERSON, including Trip Organizers and On-site staff, must complete this electronic registration. If you are attending with a NON-paddling partner or family member(s), and staying at an OOPS site, please use the "plus guest" registration.
2) Registration fees for this Event are inclusive and cover all days of camping, any additional extra vehicle fee, and other Event expenses, including firewood for group gatherings when fires are allowed, and staff and trip supplies.
3) Registration Categories. You will only choose ONE.
- OOPS Camp Site, shared (includes all OOPS event and camping expenses for one member
- OOPS Member Camp & Guest (includes all OOPS event and camping expenses for one member and one non-member guest; guest must carpool; paddling guest needs Board approval; a separate tent for the guest requires approval)
- OOPS Member Off-site accommodation (for OOPS members not using OOPS' campsite; a non-member non-paddling travel partner does not need to register)
- Staff – Event Staff Only (Event Manager, Trip Czar, and one Concierge)
- Trip Organizer (confirmed by Trip Czar prior to registration)
- Trip Organizer Off-site (confirmed by Trip Czar prior to registration; a non-member non-paddling travel partner does not need to register)
4) You must be a paid-up member of OOPS to paddle at this event, and you must be wet-exit certified prior to attending the event unless you participate in only Level 1 trips (when available) and you are NOT wearing a sprayskirt. Non-members are welcome but will not be allowed to participate in OOPS paddling trips unless pre-approved to do so. Please be certain to review the Trip Level criteria on the OOPS website if you have any questions: OOPS Rating system: http://www.oopskayak.org/documents/
5) Watch for future emails about potlucks and other social events! This may look different in 2021.
6) Immersion protection may be required, pending water temperature/conditions. See the club website under Resources/OOPS Documents/Activity Policies and scroll down to Cold Water Protective Clothing. Please be prepared.
7) OOPS Cancellation Policy: For all pre-paid events (except pool sessions) cancellations will be allowed a full refund up to within 4 weeks before the beginning of the event. After that, refunds will be provided if, and only if, we are able to find a replacement. Cancellations are done through the Event Manager only. Thank you.