General registration will open April 16th (just after midnight on April 15th for you night-owls)
Please read this entire section before registering.
Paddle amongst the beautiful Central Oregon Cascades and Deschutes National Forest. From LaPine State Park, you are 30-60 minutes away from Elk, Hosmer, Paulina and Sparks Lakes. We may be able to take a picturesque paddle down the Deschutes River. Enjoy other activities like mountain biking and hiking the many trails around LaPine State Park campground. Paddling days will likely be Wednesday &Thursday.
Please note that Level 1 trips cannot be guaranteed, though they are very likely for this Event.
Waitlist: If an event registration category is sold out, please use the waitlist option to be placed in the queue for possible registration. You do not need to pay the registration fee to join the waitlist; you will only pay it if you complete the registration process once you're notified that there is an opening.
Special requests: We can’t accommodate special requests for campsite, ex. non-snoring camp partner. If you have special needs, please use the off-site registration category. In many cases, you may still be at the same campground if you want to be. You just need to procure your own specific campsite.
RVs or trailers: Please let the Event Chair know well BEFORE registration if you want to bring a trailer and let them know your trailer length. ALL trailers or RVs require pre-approval before registration. Not all events are able to accommodate RVs or trailers. When we can, the campsite still needs to be shared with a tent camper. Some campsites can only accommodate trailers of a certain length, so please communicate your trailer information with the Event Chair ahead of registration. If you want to guarantee that you will be able to use your RV or trailer, please use the off-site registration category if that is available. Often, you may still be at the same campground if you want to be. You may just need to procure your own specific campsite.
Your volunteer on-site staff:
Event Manager: Robin Rabiroff
(Replies to this email will go to the Event Chair)
Trip Czar: Tom Waldron
Assistant Event Manager: Lee Tapper, Jennifer Alkezweeny
You will find event information on the OOPS website in the Activities Section: Annual Events.
The Fine Print:
1) EVERY PERSON, including Trip Organizers and On-site staff, must fully complete this electronic registration. Only OOPS members may register for this event.
2) Registration fees for this Event are inclusive and cover all days of camping, any additional extra vehicle fee, and other Event expenses, including a shared propane or wood campfire for group gatherings when fires are allowed, and staff and trip supplies.
3) OOPS Cancellation Policy: For all pre-paid events (except pool sessions) cancellations will be allowed a full refund up to within 4 weeks before the beginning of the event. After that, refunds will be not be provided except in cases of emergency. Registration IS CLOSED 2 weeks before the event. To cancel, please notify the Event Manager. Thank you. Refunds may occur after the event is complete.
4) You must be a paid-up member of OOPS to paddle/camp at this event, and you must be wet-exit certified prior to attending the event unless you participate in only Level 1 trips (when available) and you are NOT wearing a sprayskirt. Non-members are welcome to make their own reservations and join group social activities but will not be allowed to participate in OOPS paddling trips unless pre-approved to do so. Please be certain to review the Trip Level criteria on the OOPS website if you have any questions: OOPS Rating system: http://www.oopskayak.org/documents/
5) Watch for future emails from the Event Staff about paddle trips, potlucks, classes, hikes, and other social events.
6) Immersion protection may be required, pending water temperature/conditions. See the club website under Resources/OOPS Documents/Activity Policies and scroll down to Cold Water Protective Clothing. Please be prepared.
7) Registration Categories. You will only choose ONE.
- OOPS Camp Site, shared (includes all OOPS event and camping expenses for one member; trailer or RV need pre-approval)
- OOPS Member Off-site accommodation (for OOPS members not using OOPS' campsite; a non-member non-paddling travel partner does not need to register). Note: Members registering for off-site accommodations are required to attend the nightly meeting at the campground to sign-up for next day's trips.
- Staff – Event Staff Only (Event Manager, Trip Czar, and Assistant Event manager)
- Trip Organizer (confirmed by Trip Czar prior to registration)
- Trip Organizer Off-site (confirmed by Trip Czar prior to registration; a non-member non-paddling travel partner does not need to register)