To successfully register you will need to sign into your OOPS member account
Set between the ocean and the bay, Nehalem Bay State Park is situated on a 4 mile-long sand spit. Just 86 miles west of Portland along the north Oregon Coast, the park features a campground and two day-use areas for the whole family.
Our reserved sites in the D loop: 24, 26, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 34, 36, 38. Our reserved sites in the E loop: 43, 44.
The campground, set amongst a sea of shore pine, borders rolling dunes along the beach. Walk over the dunes and you’re at the beach building sand castles, flying a kite or relaxing to the sound of the ocean. Beach-combing produces special rewards – treasures that include agates, shells, and occasionally glass floats.
A forested 1.8 mile long bike path provides a breathtaking view of the bay. You may see deer and elk grazing, a coyote crossing the road and a variety of birds. Kayaking, crabbing, fishing and clamming are popular activities.
You will find 2017 event information on the OOPS website here.
1) EVERY PERSON, including Trip Organizers and On-site staff, must complete this electronic registration. If you are attending with a non-paddling partner or family member(s), and staying at an OOPS site, please use the "plus guest" registration.
2) Registration fees for this Event are inclusive and cover all days of camping, any additional extra vehicle fee, and other Event expenses, including firewood for group gatherings when fires are allowed and staff and trip supplies.
3) Registration Categories. You will only choose ONE.
1. OOPS Camp Site (includes all OOPS event and camping expenses for one member)
2. OOPS Camp Site + Guest (includes all OOPS event and camping expenses for one member and one non-paddling guest)
3. Off-site accommodation (fee to cover non-camping Event costs)
4. Trip Organizer (confirmed by Trip Czar; code required)
5. Staff (Event Manager, Trip Czar, and one Concierge; code required)
4) You must be a paid-up member of OOPS to paddle at this event, and you must be wet-exit certified prior to attending the event unless you participate in only Level 1 trips (when available) and you are NOT wearing a sprayskirt. Non-members are welcome but will not be allowed to participate in OOPS paddling trips. Please be certain to review the Trip Level criteria on the OOPS website if you have any questions: OOPS Rating system: http://www.oopskayak.org/documents/
5) Watch for future emails about potlucks and other social events!
6) Immersion protection may be required, pending water temperature/conditions. See the club website under Resources/OOPS Documents/Activity Policies and scroll down to Cold Water Protective Clothing. Please be prepared.
7) OOPS Cancellation Policy: For all pre-paid events (except pool sessions) cancellations will be allowed a full refund up to within 2 weeks before the beginning of the event. After that, refunds will be provided if, and only if, we are able to find a replacement. Cancellations are done through the Event Manager only. Thank you.