To successfully register you will need to sign into your OOPS member account.
Please note that Level 1 trips cannot be guaranteed as the wind can quickly change a Level 1 trip to a Level 2 trip which requires a sprayskirt and more paddling skills. If you only plan on Level 1 trips, there may be days that you will not be able to paddle.
Surrounded on three sides by the 39,000-acre Waldo Lake Wilderness, Waldo Lake is one of the purest lakes in the world, and a true gem of the Cascades.
One of the largest natural lakes in Oregon, and the second deepest after Crater Lake, Waldo Lake is also the source of the nationally-designated Wild and Scenic North Fork of the Middle Fork Willamette River. Managed by the Willamette and Deschutes national forests, the surrounding wilderness was designated by Congress in 1984 to protect the area's outstanding forests, scenic mountains, and backcountry recreation values.
Many visitors value Waldo Lake for the area's outstanding recreational opportunities, solitude, and scenic beauty, and a recent decision by the Forest Service, while not without controversy, will ensure the continued purity of the lake's waters, and the backcountry experience sought after by so many.
If an event registration category is sold out, please use the waitlist option to be placed in the queue for possible registration. You do not need to pay the registration fee to join the waitlist; you will only pay it if you complete the registration process once you're notified that there is an opening.
Additional information: You will find event information on the OOPS website here.
1) EVERY PERSON, including Trip Organizers and On-site staff, must complete this electronic registration. If you are attending with a NON-paddling partner or family member(s), and staying at an OOPS site, please use the "plus guest" registration.
2) Registration fees for this Event are inclusive and cover all days of camping, any additional extra vehicle fee, and other Event expenses, including firewood for group gatherings when fires are allowed and staff and trip supplies.
3) Registration Categories. You will only choose ONE.
1. OOPS Camp Site (includes all OOPS event and camping expenses for one member)
2. OOPS Camp Site + Guest (includes all OOPS event and camping expenses for one member and one non-paddling guest)
3. Off-site accommodation (fee to cover non-camping Event costs)
4. Trip Organizer (confirmed by Trip Czar; code required)
5. Event Staff (Event Manager, Trip Czar, and one Concierge; code required)
4) You must be a paid-up member of OOPS to paddle at this event, and you must be wet-exit certified prior to attending the event unless you participate in only Level 1 trips (when available) and you are NOT wearing a sprayskirt. Non-members are welcome but will not be allowed to participate in OOPS paddling trips. Please be certain to review the Trip Level criteria on the OOPS website if you have any questions: OOPS Rating system: http://www.oopskayak.org/documents/
5) Watch for future emails about potlucks and other social events!
6) Immersion protection may be required, pending water temperature/conditions. See the club website under Resources/OOPS Documents/Activity Policies and scroll down to Cold Water Protective Clothing. Please be prepared.
7) OOPS Cancellation Policy: For all pre-paid events (except pool sessions) cancellations will be allowed a full refund up to within 2 weeks before the beginning of the event. After that, refunds will be provided if, and only if, we are able to find a replacement. Cancellations are done through the Event Manager only. Thank you.